Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost? - v8 Miata Forum - Home of the v8 Miata Conversion
v8 Miata Swap Chat


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 05-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #1  
V8 Miata Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost?

I'd considered the turbo 2.3 found in the Merkur and SVO Mustangs as a swap into one of my '67 Mustangs long ago.

Similar only in displacement, I realize, but the 2.3L Ecoboost has found its way into Mustangs. I find some unusual stuff when using "LS" or "T56" or somesuch in searching CL. Anyone actually thought of undertaking this in a Miata? Just the wiring makes me squinch up my face. But how cool would that be?

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts...598395439.html
GT350TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #2  
V8 Miata Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 32
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350TCB View Post
I'd considered the turbo 2.3 found in the Merkur and SVO Mustangs as a swap into one of my '67 Mustangs long ago.

Similar only in displacement, I realize, but the 2.3L Ecoboost has found its way into Mustangs. I find some unusual stuff when using "LS" or "T56" or somesuch in searching CL. Anyone actually thought of undertaking this in a Miata? Just the wiring makes me squinch up my face. But how cool would that be?

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts...598395439.html
Wow, $5k for that engine, with an auto? That sounds a little high to me. Another swap I forgot to mention on your other post is an LFX Camaro V6 swap! I've actually thought about that one as well, unsure how it would sound though?
Mirage775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #3  
V8 Miata Fan
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 40
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It sounds like this. And it's awesome. I'm still working on mine but will share some video/audio when I get there.

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #4  
V8 Miata Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 32
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
It sounds like this. And it's awesome. I'm still working on mine but will share some video/audio when I get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8E2c7V4iSo
I've seen that video before and it's nice, but it's almost as much as an LSX...
Mirage775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #5  
V8 Miata Noob
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Four, Six, Eight - Who Do We Appreciate?

I'd not even recognized it was an automatic setup with the 2.3. I saw 6-speed and stopped. Yeah, no automatics in my Miata world.

I remember the first time they starting putting 4.6 Mustang mod engines in classic Mustangs. Big deal and really different at the time. Gained traction after a while. Don't think this'll be anything similar. Just kinda neat to contemplate. Anyone looking for a challenge out there?

I think I remember seeing something about a Mazda V6 being shoe-horned into a Miata too. At least with a RWD setup, you don't have to worry about turnin' the whole damn thing sideways.

Paint/body and new top are the money grabbers over the next two months, so for now it's cruising the CL for ideas.
GT350TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #6  
V8 Miata Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 32
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350TCB View Post
I'd not even recognized it was an automatic setup with the 2.3. I saw 6-speed and stopped. Yeah, no automatics in my Miata world.

I remember the first time they starting putting 4.6 Mustang mod engines in classic Mustangs. Big deal and really different at the time. Gained traction after a while. Don't think this'll be anything similar. Just kinda neat to contemplate. Anyone looking for a challenge out there?

I think I remember seeing something about a Mazda V6 being shoe-horned into a Miata too. At least with a RWD setup, you don't have to worry about turnin' the whole damn thing sideways.

Paint/body and new top are the money grabbers over the next two months, so for now it's cruising the CL for ideas.
I'll send you a PM, as I'm debating on what swap to go with as well.
Mirage775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #7  
V8 Miata Noob
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Im actually a good bit into my 2.3 EcoBoost swap.
Car is getting caged now and I am building the engine this month. 2.0 block, 2.3 head, 2.3 rotating assembly, forged pistons/rods, Gen 2 Precision 6062. Should be right around 600 to the tire all said and done.
Masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NB Miata with Ford 3V V8 4.6litre Modular Motor with Tremec 5 speed from a Mustang GT 3barboost Ford V8 Miata Build Threads 58 09-12-2017 12:53 AM
2005 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 in a NB chassis 3barboost Ford V8 Discussion 16 04-25-2015 03:09 PM
Next-gen Ford Mustang will have global design input v8 Miata News Guy Various Auto News 3 05-23-2012 04:47 AM
110 MPG Ford Mustang E85 Hybrid at Washington Auto Show v8 Miata News Guy Various Auto News 0 01-31-2011 09:08 AM
Chevy Camaro poised to outsell Ford Mustang for first time in 25 years v8 Miata News Guy Various Auto News 1 12-06-2010 10:38 AM


Tags
2.3, ecoboost, ford, mustang, turbo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.